Renaissance chateau Vimperk
It is situated on a promontory above a valley of a brook along which a long-distance road to Bavaria ran.
The outer part of the chateau complex is entered through a gate, via an extensive yard with 17th-century out-houses (e.g. a brewery) and two fountains, access to the chateau itself is through another gate bearing a coat of arms (dated 1622), with an oriel supported by corbels, and a turret. The courtyard is enclosed by two-storeyed buildings, partly also by column-supported arcades, and with the chapel of St. Joseph rising above the rest of the buildings. The very tip of the promontory, formed of rock, supports the 13-metre Vlček tower from the second half of the 13th century. On the first floor it has a pointed Gothic portal from the 15th century, on the ground floor there is a cross vault supported by a column in the centre. The Haselburg fortress is situated to the south-east of the chateau, with fortifications around it. To the right of the entrance gate is a mighty round tower (14 metres across).
Hotels in Location
Modern hotel in the recreation area only 50 m from the Lipno Lake. It offers comfortable accommodation
Cosy pension in the neighbourhood of Na Jezeře hotel in the recreation area only 50 m from the Lipno...